The University of Maryland is seeking a dynamic individually to join the Office of the Comptroller.
As a key member of the Chief Financial Officer's leadership team, the Comptroller position focuses on strategic oversight and management of the University's central accounting functions while serving as the University's principal accounting officer.
As an accomplished leader, the Comptroller will have responsibility for leading a dynamic team to plan, develop, and enhance the central financial services that support the campus' needs.
This position will have oversight of the policies, procedures, processes and systems that assure the integrity of internal accounting, fiscal and business controls as well as compliance with applicable laws, policies and regulations.
The Comptroller will lead a talented team of approximately 60 professionals in finance units such as accounting services; student financial services and cashiering; payroll; and accounts payable who work competently and collaboratively to accurately record, summarize and report information in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible leadership in relevant financial areas in a complex organization(s), including experience in a central control function overseeing multiple financial and operational areas.
- Proven expertise in the implementation of programs to support and foster excellent fiscal management.
- Demonstrated willingness to be a leader, ambassador and catalyst for change in a very fast paced, dynamic and decentralized environment, respecting all constituent groups utilizing current and proven best practices for efficient financial operations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and political acumen to work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of internal and external constituencies. Demonstrated ability to elicit sustained involvement and collaboration from diverse stakeholders. Ability to motivate and lead others in the accomplishment of tasks, objectives, and missions, and to take the initiative in influencing events and policy decisions.
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing to effectively present well-articulated analyses, reports and issues appropriate for varied audiences.
- Functional knowledge of information technology and its appropriate use for effective and efficient delivery of administrative management services. Demonstrated success in deploying innovative technological solutions in a complex environment.
- CPA Certificate required.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and techniques in higher education and/or governmental financial management practices and standards.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply using the following link: http://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/49637
You can also find out more information about UMD by visiting our University Human Resources page at: https://uhr.umd.edu/
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.