General DescriptionThe Administrative Coordinator provides high-level administrative support to assigned department Faculty members and their staff, postdocs and students. This person shall maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism, comfortably taking initiative and exercising independent judgment to resolve issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- For assigned faculty: Provide proofreading and editing for spelling, grammar, and punctuation of correspondence, scholarly articles, and web postings authored by the faculty members and their research group members. Type routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy. Conduct and manage timely editorial correspondence with authors and peer reviewers on behalf of the faculty member in support of their editorial responsibilities for scholarly journals. Answer telephone, screen callers, relay messages, and greet visitors. Pick up and deliver materials as required, manage faculty announcement boards. Open, sort, and screen mail.
- Maintain websites, faculty CVs, prepare manuscripts, construct list of references for academic papers, assist with grant preparation, statistical reports, tables, and charts using knowledge of scientific, literary, or other technical terms.
- Maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction.
- Know the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures, which may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
- Maintain faculty calendar(s), schedule appointments and meeting rooms. Make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- For assigned faculty and their students submit and track the following: Shopping cart orders, travel, Travel/Non-Travel reimbursements, check requests and non-payroll cost transfers in SAP. Transact SPAR software orders, P-card (credit card) ordering, P-card allocation and reconciliation of receipts to credit card statements, P-Card Reports/ Notify account holders for receipts needed, petty cash forms, vendors in SAP, equipment tag number requests, shipping of packages, maintenance and IT service requests, parking validation,
- Monitor monthly assigned faculty expenditure statements and prepare documents required to reconcile and maintain balanced accounts for review and approval by supervisor. As required interface with Department and Dean's business office about accounts.
- Serve as procurement (credit) card holder for assigned faculty.
Events & Planning
- Coordinate and manage the following: special projects and events, workshops & symposia, group meetings, office activities, seminars, lectures and committee meetings including setup, cleanup and catering.
- cleanup and catering.
- Occasionally, manage the primary department telephone line, retrieve and relay messages to appropriate parties. Greet and provide assistance to all parties doing business with the department.
- Perform other duties as required.